I cooked this Sunday evening as a reward for working hard on my assignments.
I picked some nice looking fresh crabs from the Sydney Fish Market. In my opinion the best way to have fresh crab is simply steamed with a ginger, vinegar and sesame oil dipping sauce. That way you can really appreciate the subtle flavours of the crab.
Here’s how to prepare it. Nothing could be simpler…
- If you don’t have a steamer, pour water into a large pot
- Make sure there is enough water to last the steaming
- Place a bowl in it with a plate on top to form a platform
- Place the crab on the plate
- Cover and bring to the boil. Steam for around 15 minutes
- Meantime finely chop some ginger
- Add around 100 mls of vinegar with around 20 mls of sesame oil
- Check how the crab is doing and remove from the pot
- Garnish with coriander and serve
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did, try it with some Aussie Blue Sake!